Our 24-hour Hazardous Materials Technician Level Course
A chemical release requires a decisive and proactive response to save lives, stabilize the incident and prevent harm to property and the environment. For these dynamic events, your organization needs a fully prepared HazMat unit; meaning certified Hazardous Materials Technician Level trained responders.
Health and Safety Sciences’ interactive training techniques are designed to immerse your team members into the world of HazMat response. By using comprehensive, hands-on instructional methods, HSS trains your emergency response team members using likely spill scenarios at your facilities. To supplement class lectures, HSS’s HazMat24 instructors introduce problem-solving case studies to further engage trainees. Each team member dons personal protective equipment and functions under the Incident Management System to perform mission critical skills. This course involves strenuous physical activity in a high-pressure environment.
29 CFR 1910.120(q) compliant 24-hour Hazardous Materials Technician
Level Course focuses on:
- Recognizing and evaluating a hazardous materials incident
- Organizing the response team and protecting the lives of responders and employees
- Identifying and using response resources, equipment and air monitoring
- Implementing basic control and containment measures
- Sharpening decision-making
HSS’s professionals train your staff in a range of essential topics, including:
- Chemical and physical properties of hazardous materials
- Identifying Hazardous Materials and their toxic properties
- Using Direct-reading instruments and Personnel Protective Equipment
- Using Information to develop decontamination lines
- Becoming part of the unified
- command system
Course Materials Here
pdfs, ppts, manuals, videos, Ring Central Links...